Team Telomere Scientific Summit 2024: Tying the Laces Together
Team Telomere invites you to the Team Telomere Scientific Summit 2024: Tying the Laces Together, hosted from July 8th to 11th, 2024.
Analogous to the aglets of our bootlaces, we will tie the laces of Telomere Biology Disorder research and patient experience together at this dynamic convening covering topics ranging from bench to bedside. Join experts from around the globe in the mountains of Idaho where we will climb together toward our goals of improved diagnosis, management, and treatments.
Our mission is rooted in accelerating the medical and scientific community’s research in finding causes, effective treatments, and a path towards a cure. This is an exciting and opportunistic time in the research of Telomere Biology Disorders. The medical and research advancements in this field over the past decade have been exponential, directly impacting the management and treatment of patients. In tandem, advocacy has paved the way for heightened awareness, education, Diagnosis and Management Guidelines, patient-driven research, and international collaboration.
The Team Telomere Scientific Summit 2024 will propel progress by addressing the crucial and latest areas in the field, fostering collaboration, and uniting an international community of TBD experts. We are thrilled to have you join us!
Scientific Summit Highlights include:
- An international scientific convening open to TBD researchers, clinicians, and advocates
- Hosted at Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel, Worley, ID
- Over 25 hours of dynamic sessions and convening opportunities
- Community Summit and educational opportunities for patients and their families occurring concurrently with the Summit
- Wednesday evening Community Celebration & Award Ceremony
- Opportunities to extend trip to take advantage of the scenic wonders and recreational activities North Idaho has to offer
Each session at the Scientific Summit is uniquely designed to reflect the needs of our community and provide a platform for interdisciplinary collaboration and learning. Sessions will be tailored to encompass a broad spectrum of topics and will actively work to facilitate insightful discussions.
Areas of focus for the Scientific Summit are as follows:
- Translational Research: Bridging the Gap from Bench to Bedside
- Advances in Diagnosis, Genetics, and Prognostic Approaches
- Moving Forward Diversity, Health Equity, and Inclusion in Telomere Biology Disorders
- Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Approaches in TBD Clinical Practice for Telomere Biology Disorders
- Emerging Therapeutic Approaches for Telomere Biology Disorders
- Psychosocial Considerations, Quality of Life, and Palliative Care for Telomere Biology Disorders
- Understanding the Expanding Clinical Spectrum of Telomere Biology Disorders
Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn, Nobel Prize Laureate in Physiology or Medicine 2009
The complete agenda for each session will be available in April 2024 upon finalization of speakers and topics.
Dr. Kasiani Myers, Dr. Suneet Agarwal, Dr. Miriam Figueira, and Katie Stevens
Submit Your Abstract Today!
Team Telomere is delighted to invite attendees to submit abstracts for consideration at the Scientific Summit. This summit serves as a premier platform for the exchange of cutting-edge research and advancements in the field of Telomere Biology Disorder.
All selected abstracts will be presented as a poster presentation. Summit registration for the abstract submitter must be completed for abstract evaluation. For the poster presentation session, the poster presented by the first author will be a standard poster to be presented to the summit scientific audience with a lay summary to be presented to patient families. Additional details regarding the format of the posters will be provided following notification of abstract acceptance.
A select number of abstracts will be invited to speak at the summit.
Abstract submissions close on February 23rd, 2024 at 5pm ET.
Questions regarding abstracts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of registration includes:
- Access to all educational sessions and poster session
- Meals for opening session dinner, breakfast, and lunch
- Activity programming opportunities including those with the community
- Conference swag
- Digital and printed conference material
- Option to add on ticket to Team Telomere’s Annual Community Celebration & Award Ceremony held on Wednesday
Registration will remain open until April 24th, 2024 at 5pm ET.
Ticket prices are $575 per person. The estimated value per individual is $1,500. The lowered ticket price reflects a portion of the costs being covered by Team Telomere’s generous donors and sponsors in continuation of our commitment to accelerating telomere research.
If a ticket to our gala celebration needs to be purchased separately, a dedicated ticket purchase option for this event will open in March. We will notify individuals through email when this option becomes available.
Questions regarding registration should be directed to email@example.com.
The Scientific Summit will be held at Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel in Worley, Idaho, on the Coeur d’Alene Indian Reservation, where the sky greets Mt. Tch’mutpkwe and near the source of the St. Joe River. 25 miles from Coeur d’Alene and 28 miles from Spokane Valley.
Attendees will fly into Spokane International Airport. Shuttles will be provided to and from the venue by Team Telomere. More details will be provided to registered attendees.
Attendees will be responsible for booking their lodging. More information regarding hotel reservations will be available in December and registered attendees will be notified of updates.
Team Telomere greatly thanks our generous partners for their support of the Scientific Summit.
Here is what participants in Team Telomere’s previous scientific convenings have said:
“All my prior contact with [TBD] families had been through their samples, genomic data, or stories shared by the physicians who see them in the clinic. This was the first time that I had the chance to talk with them in person, get to know how this condition really impacts their lives, and get a perspective that you do not get from a lab.It was also a great opportunity to touch base with a lot of the big names in the field, and we have already organized several follow up zoom calls to discuss collaborations and share resources.”
“[I] was very impressed … by the sense of community and genuine care and intellectual curiosity that everyone projected. I really hope that together we can find better treatments and can reach to all the patients/providers and caregivers that need us.”
We look forward to seeing you at the Team Telomere Scientific Summit 2024: Tying the Laces Together!